Monday, August 27, 2012

OPI German-icure by OPI

Today, I have the second dark vampy color from OPI's Germany Collection to show you. German-icure by OPI is a dark brown base with tons of red and gold shimmers.





In the shade, away from direct light
German-icure by OPI looks very close to Every Month Is Oktoberfest in the bottle, so let me try to explain the difference. German-icure has a dark reddish-brown base, whereas Oktoberfest has a purple base. German-icure's shimmers are predominantly red and gold, while Oktoberfest's are pink and purple. They actually look quite different once on the nails. If you are trying to decide between the two, go with Oktoberfest if you are looking for a cool-toned vampy color, and go with German-icure if you want a more warm-toned vampy color. 

German-icure's formula is a little thinner, so two coats is necessary for opaque coverage. For me, this turned out to be a surprise favorite from the collection. I didn't think I would like this dark color quite so much, but once on, it looks absolutely beautiful, and its warmth compliments my coloring. 

You can find German-icure by OPI at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $8.50 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

18 comments:

  1. This looks great on you! OPI really hit it out of the park with the vampies in this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous - and right now on my "maybe" list in this collection - nice for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another stunner! I think I will be getting a lot from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a stunner! It's a gorgeous collection. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. Wow, this one's gorgeous, too! I honestly wasn't thinking much about this collection, but you're making them look so lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like this one! It's really turned out to be a lovely collection. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. Very pretty- maybe this will be the second polish I buy from this collection! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! It's one of my favorites from the collection. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. So gorgeous! I'm having trouble deciding between this one and Oktoberfest, they're both such perfect vampy colours! Both look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this one! Both are gorgeous; it depends on if you like purple vampy or more reddish-brown vampy. ;-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. I must say that it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another vampy color that looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HAD to have both of these! I am loving them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like both! They are gorgeous colors! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...